Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Health - iPhone Apps Can Help You Lose Weight

I have an iPhone. I know they’re all the rage and everything, and that’s actually not the reason I got one. I got an iPhone because my boyfriend and I are on the same cell phone plan and he decided that he wanted one and I figured hey why not, I’d love to be able to check my emails and look at the internet more easily anyways, considering how often I’m online to do my various business and non business activities. I’ve found the iPhone to now be indispensable personally, like I don’t know what I did with a “regular” cell phone before this or something. Talk about victim of technology!

One of the best things of course about the iPhone and probably what has make it catch on so fast are the vast number of “apps” it has to offer. You can do everything from download fun apps that are full of sound effects, to downloading compasses that will show you where to go when you’re on some national park trail. The thing really is quite amazing, and I think it’s the invention that has sort of defined the twenty first century, I dare say! One of the other things you can do with this phone is download several different kinds of apps that will help in your quest to lose weight.

The most notable of these types of apps are the ones that help you to calculate calories. There is also one that will help you to figure out how many calories a day you are allowed if you enter in your current weight, and the amount of time you want to go by to get your desired weight. Say for example, you want to figure out how many less calories you need to consume to be able to lose ten pounds in two months. There is an app that will calculate for you how many less calories you need to eat to achieve that in that amount of time.

There are also fast food calorie counter apps, where you can find the amount of calories in a vast array of common fast foods like McDonald’s double cheeseburgers (one of my weaknesses, I must admit), pizza chains pizza, and KFC, for example. Because we don’t necessarily realize how many calories are in these foods when we are forced to get them out of convenience, then if we have an application that can tell us, it may help us to make smarter choices when we’re on the road, or at least help us come to the conclusion that fast food usually is way high in calories for what you get and for how full it keeps you.

So, not only can the phone work for you in ways that make your life much simpler and much more high tech and information getting, it can also help you in your weight loss goals by providing you with the tools you need to make the right decisions when it comes to your diet. Hey, they probably even have exercise apps to help you out with that part of losing weight too!

No comments:

Post a Comment